Monday, October 12, 2009

A new week

This is the first posting to my new blog. As the description of the blog says, I will be posting about being a stay-at-home dad with newborn twins. The twins, Everett and Isabel, were born July 14, 2009, thus making my last day of "work", July 13th. I did not go solo at home until September 21st, since Sadie (my wife) was off from work until then. We thought that time would allow us to get the kids into a schedule to make things easier once I was on my own. Needless to say, that did not happen.
An obvious quick recap of the past three weeks would be that some days are better than others, but I will say that each day is a blessing that I get to spend with the kids. They keep me busy with feedings, diapers, and playtime. I have also been coaching a local 7th grade middle school football team since late August in the afternoons, which gives me a nice break in the day, but that ends October 20th.
From now on, I will chronicle the daily activities and growth of Isabel and Everett, along with some photos and videos. I will also detail my day as a dad with two infants at home. I hope you enjoy the site.

No comments:

Post a Comment