Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Packing for Vacation

Last time I wrote that the twins had both slept through the night on Sunday and the news is not as good today. The last two nights they have been awake for a small feeding around 4am. I did not think it would be sleeping through the night every night, but hopefully we can get back on track for that.
Other things have happened however since Monday morning. On Monday, I was playing with Isabel on the floor, giving her some much needed tummy time and when I left the room to get some books for us, I returned to a surprise. She was on her back!! I could not believe she had rolled over...and I missed it. Just to be certain the dog didn't push her over, I put her on her tummy again and grabbed the camera. Sure enough, she rolled right onto her back and of course, I did not have the camera ready. Once I was finally ready with the camera, she has decided not to do it again...for two days. Sadie says I have no proof, therefore, is not sure of the validity of the story, but trust me, she did it! Everett still has not done it as he is pretty relaxed most of the time, just hanging out.
The other big news is that Everett has eaten some rice cereal. He has been eating large amounts of formula or breast milk, so we decided to get him started on rice cereal. Yesterday, mom made him a small amount to see if he knew what to do, and he does. She said he slowly figured out how to work it back into his mouth. I missed this milestone as I was with my 7th grade football team, preparing for our last game. We will continue to give him some cereal and I'm sure Isabel won't be far behind. The competition starts at an early age!
Today, I turned in my football coaching binder and keys. It was my first year coaching 7th graders and for most of them, it was their first year of tackle football. It was fun to see kids progress from Day One and know that you were a part of that progression. It was not fun, however, to go 0-5. I absolutely hate losing, but at this age, it is more about teaching the kids the correct way to play and to play hard. Did I mention I don't like to lose though? The family is heading to Des Moines, Iowa tonight after Sadie gets home from work. We are going to visit Sadie's brother, David, and his family, Jessie, Lucas, and Carter. It will be about a 7 hour drive, but we are going to break it up and stay somewhere tonight, getting to Des Moines tomorrow morning. It is a day-long, two-person event to pack for two 3-month old babies. All the items that two 12-pound humans require is amazing. I may not have a report until we return, but don't worry, the kids will be in good hands all weekend with aunts, uncles, grandmas, and grandpas. Maybe a break for mom and dad???

2 comments:

  1. Good luck on the drive! Don't be surprised if the kids don't sleep as good away from home - this always happens to us. Once home, they will fall back into their routine. Once the kids get to be like 6 months to 1.5 years, traveling gets a bit tough, 'cuz they want their own bed, routine, etc. but they grow out of that..... HAVE FUN!!!! Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are going to have so much fun!!! I cannot wait ~ See you soon!

    ReplyDelete